Question for smokers, Do you ever feel like this?

I am getting so sick of hearing from non-smokers about how bad smoking is. YES, I know smoking is bad for you! YES, I know the dangers of smoking! YES, I know I shouldn't smoke! ENOUGH ALREADY! Everytime someone starts in on the smoking lectures it just makes me want to go smoke 5 more cigs. Am I alone here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• they just have no clue what they are talking about. they dont know how hard it is to quit. i can admit that i will need to be on some kinda meds before i can quit. the withdrawls from it are to hard for me. just ignore them.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 3:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I smoked heavily for over 20 years. Now that I've quit, I do not lecture smokers. I remember how stupid I thought people were telling me about the dangers of smoking, and I'd feel stupid telling a grown-up something they've heard 8 million times before.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I HONESTLY WISH I COULD UNDERSTAND HOW U FEEL, I HAVEN'T TRIED IT BUT EVERY 1 WHO WANTS 2 STOP SAYS ITS HARD AND WAT KEEPS ME 4RM IT IS WATCHING THIS VIDEO IN HEALTH CLASS. JUST THINK AS IF THERE WERE NEVER CIGARETTES ON THIS EARTH THAT MEANS THROW ALL THAT U HAVE AWAY MAYBE IN THE TOILET THAT WAY U KNOW U WANT GO BACK 4 THEM
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• throwing them away wont do anything u can always go buy another pack.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 3:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yeah my hubby gives me a hard time cause im tryin to quit and sometimes the urges get strong so i have one then he yells at me and calls me weak so i end up having 2 instead a half. if he would just shut up about it id be better off
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 3:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Um, not trying to be a bitch MS.AVON1 but it said question for smokers and you've never smoked so why bother replying?
    Anonymous

• I hear you OP!! Apparently non-smokers think they are the only ones who know the dangers of smoking, because they think they need to inform us every single time the subject comes up. I also like how they can sit there and tell us we are horrible moms because we choose to smoke, knowing full well that they aren't perfect and have made plenty of their own mistakes.

I'm not talking about ALL non-smokers, just the ones who like to tell everyone else that they are a bad mom because they smoke.
    Anonymous

• I hear ya!

But I try to ignore it and remember that not all smokers are courteous to non smokers, and that's why they are up our butts about health risks and second hand smoke and blah blah blah.

I try and stay away from ppl as best I can (including my child and all other children) when I smoke. Cause hey! it's my choice to smoke not theirs.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I hear you! People telling me to quit smoking makes me want to smoke more! It's like, DUH, I know the health risks! lol like we haven't heard about the risks since we were 12!

And Ms.Avon, she didn't say she wanted to quit. Why do you assume she does?

I hate it when people just assume you are trying to quit. *gag*
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• If you don't light up around me you won't hear anything from me. I do get rude when some loser lights up and me and my child are standing there. I am allergic and have been hospitalized many times due to rude smokers. I hate smoking laws but hate almost dying more. You have the right to trash your body all you want when you smoke around someone else that right is gone you can kill someone like me on the spot with that little cigarette.
    Anonymous