Pregnancy stupidity?

I am of above average intelligence, (multiple degrees, etc) and ever since I found out I was pregnant, I feel stupid. My husband says I seem like I am high all the time. The slightest thing sets me into giggling fits. I do stupid things, like we were test driving a new car the other day and I was playing with all the buttons on the car and and popped the door right open, while we were driving on the highway! I have absolutly no short term memory. Is this normal?

2009newmommy

Asked by 2009newmommy at 3:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Lol, yes. It's "mommy brain". I used to be able to go to the grocery store without a list and get everything we needed. Then I got pregnant with my first and needed a list. Then I got pregnant with my second, and I forget things on the list I brought with me to the store. You're not alone, and it doesn't get much better after the baby's born.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• haha yes! wait till you have the baby and if you breastfeed plus the lack of sleep it may get worse!
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 3:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• its pregnancy fog..it gets worse after the baby arrives...i heard fromfriends yout brain starts to come back a litt;e when the kiddo is around 1 1/2 yrs
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 3:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• OMG yes it is totally normal. I once forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair. I drove the store one evening and started walking home. Your brain will come back eventually, but yeah, pregnancy brain is real.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Totally. I forgot where I parked one day in the mall parking lot (I was 6 months pregnant at the time) and I called my DH from work to come find my car for me! My DD is 3 months now and I STILL do stuff like that..lol
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009