overwhelmed by meal time

im embrassed to even admit it.. it make me feel like a big jerk but sometimes i dread meal time with 20 month old son.. we never eat out just cant afford it.. and my husband works like 6 day weeks ..so hence every is on me..i enjoy cooking.. i think im going to start my period so that is why im gettting kinda aniexty .. but im getting to point where my son has a minium and seriously a min of two baths a day.. maybe the things i feed him are out of control messy.. to make things easier for myself ive been trying to cook ahead.. so its a little less stressful.. like last night i made cut up watermelon peaches ; sausage and some pancakes.. for this morning
and i in the end giving him bath.. does anyone have any meals for toddlers that are nt horribly messy.. messy is okay but just nt alwys need a bath messy.. lol. mybe i save those for when its that time of the month.. lol... thank u!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No matter how messy my 14 months gets I just wipe him with a wash clothe. Then he gets a bath at night.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• But good non messy things are grilled cheese or cheese tortilla or chicken nuggets.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• we do peanut butter and honey (but she pulled it apart today and ended up wearing it) or chicken nuggets, quesadilla's, plain vegetables. It's hard, but I also wipe her off with a wash cloth when finished and sometimes she gets 2 baths a day but usually the first on is my shower and the second is to clean her! My dd is also 20 months old, and we can't afford to eat out either. It drives me crazy with her messes sometimes, but I figure it's cleanable. I just never get around to actually cleaning it up because the moment I do, it'l be worse then before!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oooh, dont give him peanut butter!!! WAYYYY TOO YOUNG!
    Anonymous

• I dread mealtime as well. I have twins who are VERY messy.

We do a lot of grilled chicken, semi mushy carrots, frozen green beans, cheese cubes, and fruit. I guess maybe you should invest in a bib with a part that catches everything.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 8:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Squishing foods and making a big mess is a learning process for toddlers. At that age my daughter was eating just about everything that we ate. Good snacks are avocado, hummus, cooked beans (and lentils and chickpeas), zucchini, cucumber, kiwi, berries, etc.
    Good luck, take a bath, after your little one goes to bed, have some good chocolate.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2009