Do you prefer high chairs or boosters and why? Which ones are the best?

YoungTwinMommy

Asked by YoungTwinMommy at 3:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have both and use both. If you do skip a highchair and just go with a booster type seat then you need to make sure it is appropriate for young babies (the ones I have are only for older toddlers). I like the highchairs best for young babies because they seem more comfortable, more adjustable, and more safe. Now that my babies are almost two I still use the highchairs for breakfast in the kitchen and also as a place for them to be when they want to "help" cook, play with play dough, or color. I bought basic boosters around 18 months so I could get them up to the table better, and they do work well for that. The main problems with the boosters I have is they are not nearly as stable as a highchair and also my twins can unlatch them and get free (they scare me). The problems with the highchairs is that they take up a lot of space and because of the shape of our table they won't slide under it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:24 AM on Jul. 8, 2009