How do you slow down a nose bleed

My nose has been bleeding since i hit the third trimester of my pregnancy i dont know how to stop it or even make it less i wake up with nose bleeds every day now or ill just have a clump of blood come out my nose its really weird i need to know how to stop it or at least slow it down.

scholtzmma

Asked by scholtzmma at 3:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had nose bleeds with both of my boys and my Dr. told me it's normal.
    you can laydown and tilt your head back or take washcloth and put some ice in it and put it on the back of your neck, there is really not much you can do for it.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Some will say tilt your head back and some will say put your head between your knees...I say you need to go to your doctor to find out what is causing these nose bleeds.
    Anonymous

• its an old wives tale but it works take a butter knife and keep it in the fridge when the nose bleed starts lay down on top of the cold(flat) knife ( under your shirt in the center of your back )on the floor! my sister has had nose bleeds forever and thats the only thing that has ever helped
    nursinghannah

Answer by nursinghannah at 3:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I put an answer out before, but I found out I was wrong. My sister went to a first aid class. She learned that it is actually better to put your head down forward. Putting it back can cause you to choke on the blood. Good luck! I hope they get better. I know nose bleeds can be a pain.
    Jeanere

Answer by Jeanere at 2:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2009