my water braking...!!!

what does it look like when your water breaks? does it smell? and will it be just a little bit or a lot and keep coming?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First there's a big gush, and then a steady, little flow after that. For most women. Me it was more of a slight leak for a few hours. I'm not sure if there's a smell because as soon as it started to break, I took a shower to shave and get ready for the hospital.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Sorry if this is a repeat...my answer didn't seem to go in last time.
    From what I recall, it's clear and smells sort of like chlorine. It could be lots or a little. You can test by putting on a clean panty liner, walk around for 15 minutes or so. (I forget if you do this again to make sure) If it's wet, you probably have a hole.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 4:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Or you could be peeing. A lot of women mistake peeing themselves for their water breaking. I know it sounds silly cause how could someone mistake their pee for their water breaking, but it happens. So late in the pregnancy the slightest laugh, cough or sneeze can cause you to pee your pants. And if you didn't know you had to pee before that then you could mistake it for the water breaking.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• no my water isn't braking now,I was just wondering what it would happen when It did brake
    Anonymous

• When mine broke I was lying in bed and felt just a little trickle on my leg so I got up thinking I better not have just peed myself and when I stood up nothing came so I figured I should go and try to pee, well I sat down to pee and a little came out so when I was done as I went to stand up from the pot a big gush came out and I was like well that definatly isnt pee but when I was standing straight up it only trickled a very little because the babies head was blocking the opening which is why it doesnt always just gush out.
    Abbysmommy321

Answer by Abbysmommy321 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2009