What's the deal with Sarah Palin resigning?

Believe me I was never a fan...cannot stand the woman actually, always felt Mr McCain made a very poor decision that cost him the election. But was wondering what made her resign a few weeks before her term ended? Anyone know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who know, who cares.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Bye, Bye Baby,

You betcha!
    Anonymous

• She is a quitter. Aren't you glad we were smart enough not to vote her ass into the vice presidency?

Anonymous

• Good guesses, posters, but it is because she is going to run for President.
    OMG...I'm scared now!
    Anonymous

• Democrats joke about her running because they want their guy to have an easy win next time. My guess is she really botched the job of governor and wants to be able to pin her crimes on her Lt. Gov. so she's running away as fast as she can. Bye, LOSER!
    Anonymous

• You ladies are somthing else truely something else.I do not know for sure weather Palin would of been good as a VP.However,I will not shy away from pronouncing that she'd of been a hell of alot better then Joe Biden.Not to mention she even has more experiance then Obama! Now as for her resigning I really do not know what is about but the media should be ashamed of themselves.Look how they treated her? Hello? is there anybody in there? (now I have that song in my head).Obama got carried like a new born baby and Palin got the tough questions and bashed and bashed and bashed if she was literally being beaten she'd be dead.So get over yourselves..put that in your pipes and smoke it! ...steps down from soap box
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Palin got the tough questions...Like WHAT newspapers do you read??

I'm thinking another show might drop.....Ya never know what that might be! There HAS to be a reason. It's weird to resign form the office that you were elected to claiming your a lame duck and she's more ethical for doing it. So, if your gov. and not going to run for re-election you should resign??

and now she is twittering about it...My goodness...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 4:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would think those who hate her and have said she should be at home with her family are thrilled right now. I don't understand why she is doing this. Could be a scandel about to emerge could be she is tired of living in the spotlight and she might be planning to run for President. I don't think she would make it though. I think Romney will be our candidate in 2012. Should have been this last time around.
    Anonymous

• She is a big girl, and she wasn't able to finesse the media the way Obama could. I didn't ever hate her, but I have often thought that she doesn't choose her battles very well, hence the tough media coverage.

I am disappointed in any politician that resigns their elected job in order to get the better job. My opinion is that she is quitting to be closer to DC in order to run in 2012 or to run for Senate in 2010.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 4:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Tough questions? Like what!? What a vice president does?

I don't care for her politically at all so if she did get the bid in 2012 I would rather vote for anyone else on earth. But, as a mom I'm glad she's not resigning because something is wrong with her family.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Hopefully she will quietly fade away from the media's attention and we will not hear from her again!
    Anonymous