Moping over this economic situation!!

I understand people's jobs are in jeopardy. I'm aware of it. I'm working a crappy job b/c of this economic situation. The thing I hate is that people mope about it and talk like getting a job is hopeless. I told some people I want to put in applications for a better job and go to school in hopes for a career and people say "good luck you're going to need it." I know the crisis slows things down and may change lives but I don't feel like it should keep me from trying to do my best. It won't be easy but I'm trying so hard to believe in myself. Do you feel the same?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I try really hard not to mope, but it gets frustrating when you can't even get an interview to prove to the employer that you are a good candidate just because you don't have the "exact" requirements they are looking for. No one is willing to spend the time or money to train anyone right now. I have been looking for a job since March && have only had a handful of interviews. They all have said the same thing, they like me but they're going to go with someone else who has "more experience." I just want to snatch them through the phone && strangle them.....lol. So anyway I don't think the people saying "good luck" are trying to be rude, they just know how hard it is right now. But if you feel you can do better then by all means go for it.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think what they may mean is that people with PH'd's and Masters are taking waiter jobs after being laid off from Microsoft, etc. You should always go for it but be mindful so as not to be terribly disappointed if it takes longer than expected.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• if you want it bad enough it will happen i know some ppl who mope around about gettin jobs and payin bills cause of the economy but i think the particular people use it as an excuse, when things were good they had the same problems as now. there are jobs out there and sometimes you have to take what you can get and nothing wrong with trying for something better. hard work and determination always pays off
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:37 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't mope. I always try to look at the good things. For example I don't have a job but my hubby does so at least one of us does It may make times tough sometimesbut for things to do we find all sorts of free things to do in our town or local towns. I'm thinking about going back to school. I know it will be hard but it would be easier to find a job with a degree. But I'm happy that I have a roof over my head, we are healthy, my kids have clothes on their back, and we are together.

I say go back to school and keep looking for a better job. Don't let the negative things that other people say get you down.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• We are having the best year in our 16 years of marriage. Financially things are going well we just bought a new house finally could afford one. We have been saving for many years. Paid half down and got a great rate for the rest will have it paid off in 5 years. We have twins on the way. My husbands company is expanding meaning he will be promoted again the end of this year. They have somehow avoided the economic collapse. They simply have not hired new people when someone quits or is fired. My husband is the only one that does his job so we have some security in that. We have 3 years of expenses in savings so we would be fine if he did lose it. I almost feel guilty at times since our lives are going well. The economy does tank every so often and we all have to prepare for that. The late 70s early 80s were worse than now and we all made it. We will make it through this too.
    Anonymous