does weight matter?

I'm perfctly healthy and I'm 20 years old, 5 "7" and 105 lbs. I was wondering if weightcould affect the chance of getting pregnant? Are you less likely to become preggo if you are pretty light?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, weight does matter. Well, actually your bmi. You bmi needs to be within the normal range, neither under or over weight. Being too thin or too heavy can affect hormones, thus delaying ovulation or even stopping ovulation. You also need the right amount of hormones to sustain a pregnancy once you do get pregnant.
    Anonymous

• people will disagree with me but being super skinny if you're eating habits aren't good, certainly doesn't help in getting pregnant. All the super fit and thin women I know had trouble getting preggo. I don't know but could be true.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• wow..you are kinda thin for 5'7.Im 5'7 and b4 I got pregnant,I weighed 135-40 somewhere in there.it was all in my hips and ass though..haha..but eating right is what really matters.some 1 who has an eating disorder is less likely then some1 over weight
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• its not always true, im 5'6 and 108lbs and im 1 month pregnant and so far ive been having the best first pregnancy, i havent got morning sickness or even had the urge to vomit, you can tell that i do have some weight in my belly though and that im starting to gain, so its not always true, as long as you take care of yourself you should be fine
    GRAC-E

Answer by GRAC-E at 10:17 AM on Jul. 5, 2009