• In the Spotlight:

What moisturizer, shampoo, and or conditioner do you use for your child?

Please understand that I would prefer to hear from women of color or ethnic backgrounds. The texture of her/our hair is slightly different than others. Thanks for understanding.

Alright, right now my DD hair looks like Diana Ross. It's very thick and long. I try to use Creme of Nature shampoo because it was a detangler. But it didn't always work to detangle her hair. I use olive oil moisturizer and pink moisturizer, about a 50/50 mix. What else can or should I do to tame her hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My kids are biracial & their hair is different, to say the least. For my oldest, I ordered from wenhaircare.com. NOTHING else has ever worked until that! My youngest- well, I'm having trouble finding something that works wonders on her, but the honey & mayonaisse hair stuff (walmart) & tea tree oil have been working pretty well. GL!!!
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 6:42 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 911 moisturizer.
    Anonymous

• kerakare!!!!

if you cant find that.. sallybeauty supplie has a bunch of great products for people of color....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 5:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I use almost any moisturizing shampoo on my girls. I use Hawaiin Silky 14 N 1 moisturizer for their hair. It works wonders. That pink oil is garbage and not good for our hair. I usually just wash their hair with conditioner and use the hawaiin silky and seal it with olive oil. Their hair is growing good and tamed.
    ZarsMom

Answer by ZarsMom at 9:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009