Saddam's Bluff

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE56113O20090702?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

and

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article6621982.ece

(I'm sorry they aren't clicky)

I find it very odd that nobody has posted about this yet (well, that I've seen) then again it makes the reasons for going to Iraq even more ridiculous than they already were.

Thoughts on this?

**I tried to find neutral sites so I don't have to hear "this is biased crap."

JackalsWife

Asked by JackalsWife at 5:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This is very old news.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Read it, and believe it. This meant nothing to the former admin. they KNEW the truth, that's why they had to form the WHIG group to fit intel around their agenda which was to invade Iraq from the beginning, before 9/11.......It's sad that the American people let fear guide them.....
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 5:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh and PS..Did Sadaam call that one wrong or what!!??
    sweet-a-kins

• Uh, actually Carpy, it's not..but thanks for reading the links.

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Here's an excerpt to this "very old news" written July 32009.

"The revelation, contained in accounts by George Piro, Saddam’s Arabic-speaking FBI interviewer, declassified this week after a freedom of information request, supports the view of many regional experts that Saddam’s weapons bluff was aimed not at the West but at his old enemy Iran. "

JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

Sorry but its old enough that I read about it about four years ago. It may be new news to the site it was posted on but read Bob Woodwards books. He discussed it in a couple different books.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh, I wasn't aware that he had classified information and then wrote about it in a book. I'll have to find it and read it.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Well time goes by so fast it may not have been four yrs ago but look at the date on this site.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/01/27/60-minutes-report-saddam_n_83512.html
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No snipping, you guys. If I remember correctly, Saddam admitted this while he was in prison before his trial and execution. It could be news because they now have evidence to back up what Saddam said.

I think you are both right on this one.  :-)

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 5:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• So the world is down one less tyrannical dictator...and I'm supposed to shed a tear?
    Anonymous