Has your mother in law ever done anything like shave your kids head without asking?

My mil did this while she was watching my son after the birth of my dd.It bothered me at the time but i had to much to deal with so i just let it go.He had such beautiful hair before she peeled it off.Now that its starting to grow back out she wants to do it again.How do i tell her in a nice way not be doing this without my permission?

ZMK

Asked by ZMK at 5:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Let her know that you were distracted the last time and did not say anything but you love his hair long and do not want it cut. Thanks but no thanks. That is not rude. It's your child.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 6:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• tell her you like you childs hair how YOU had it and that you dont want it to get cut so could she please not cut it.

My mom always wants to cut my kids hair they both have very long hair (cornrows) but she know that it my child and she dont have the right to cut it and it dont stop her from asking everytime she sees them lol.
    Anonymous

• my father in law did something like that to my daughter, she wasnt even 2 yet and he just took sissors her bangs she never had a hair cut and its not like her hair was long we were still having it grow out. i was so mad we had to go get her hair cut and she looked like a boy, gotta love the in laws that think they can do what they want. i do agree with my2kids312.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 6:10 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh god this is exactly what I'm afraid of. I'm pregnant with my first right now and I'm terrified my in-laws are going to do stuff like this without my permission...and if they do...ohh you better bet all hell will freeze over. Just straight up tell her no. This is YOUR son, not hers. Half the fun of having kids is picking out their clothes and getting them cute hairstyles and what not. If she doesn't like his hair the way you like it...oh well! Its not her kid, not her business, not her problem, not her RIGHT to do something about it. I would just be straight up with her. That's what I plan on doing with my in-laws. Sometimes you have to be brutally honest...cherry-coating doesn't always send a clear message. Just tell her no. No is no. If she doesn't listen to you and god forbid does it again...well than maybe she doesn't need to see her grandson anymore.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The only thing my mom did and I forgot to confront her was she thought it was funny to put body spray on my boy.This is the strong old lady crap and she doesn't just put a little bit,when she sprays it she drowns the air!
    I think if she ever did this to my children cutting the hair thing,I'd get very mad at her.(unless it actually had a result that was cute)Have you seen what a KIDS' haircut is nowadays?I think when I was that young it may have been $3 at this one place...you are very lucky to get them for $5 or $8!!!
    maidmomma

Answer by maidmomma at 6:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I do remember that up until 3rd grade I had REALLY long hair that was almost touching my behind,and then she tried a hairstyle out on me(I think I was 8) It was then above my shoulders...my dad was mad at my mom for doing this to his little girl.It was kind of cute but made me look a little heavier.(my family is big boned)
    maidmomma

Answer by maidmomma at 6:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• That is so wrong! But hilarious...Im so sorry! Cant leave him with her alone or she'll shave his head...gees. I'm a hair stylist...so i find it particulary amusing...but I would shave her hair if she tried to do it again. Tell her if she does his...youre doing hers! GOOD LUCK
    MamaJenn1009

Answer by MamaJenn1009 at 7:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Simple...tell her it's YOUR son and that you like it to be grown out a bit. It's not her place to do that, and especially not without asking. Ughhh...if my MIL did that, I'd let her know who was really boss when it came to my children.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 8:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Mine did that to my youngest when he was about 1 1/2 or 2 years old. She didnt like the way it looked.. I let her know that wasnt acceptable and DONT do it again..
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009