Has anyone else had their heart stop when they children weren't home when they were supposed to be?

So today my stepson was supposed to come home from his mom's house. She usually drops him off at 3 and is usually very punctual. My phone got washed today so I don't have a phone. Around 3:05 I start thinking that they were running late and just couldn't get a hold of me. At 3:15 I run to the neighbor's house to use their phone. In my panic, I misdial the number. So I get a disconnected phone line. So I go back to my house to dig for another phone that I can use put my sim card into. Then around 3:30 I go back to the neighbor's and try again. So I get the disconnected number again. At about 3:45 I finally find a phone that has enough charge for me to use. I find out the reason why is because there was some confusion over the holiday schedule. She thought that he was supposed to be at home this year on 4th of July, but he was supposed to be there. She is bringing him home now, but I think I need a medic!

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Anon at 6:15 you're just being a bitch!

I have felt that way when my mom was late brining home my two eldest boys I tried calling for 2 hours! Turns out she was held up by some traffic in that was caused by an accident.. I had called hospitals and everything! I know it can be unnerving!!
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Um mm OK! Fyi some better spelling would help to.

Anonymous

• No honey you are completely normal. My stepdaughter is 7 and her mom picks her up about once a week, and I miss her tons when they are gone and when she takes longer then she said she is going to I start to worry, and want to call and ask where they are but then I have to remind myself that it is HER daughter.....lol I thought I was going crazy a few times too.
    Jessaroo1987

Answer by Jessaroo1987 at 7:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• BEEN THERE IT IS NORMAL TO WORRY I HAVE WORRIED SO MUCH I HAD TO TAKE A XANAX LOL IF YOU DONT WORRY THEN SOMETHING COULD BE WRONG WITH YOU LOL
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 12:23 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I misused the word "they" instead of "their". It is somewhat ironic to me that the anon used the word "to" when she should have used "too". Thank you, polite ladies!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 4, 2009