Who's ball was it after all?

The other day I noticed alittle boy playing with a small ball...Later..I saw the little boy crying at the baseball park I was passing by and asked him why he was crying he said he was playing with a tennis ball and now this kid just took it saying it was his ball. It just so happened the boy with the ball was passing by I asked him why don't you give him the ball back he said you took it from him, Right away he says it's my ball I lost it the other day...the other boy was just crying and crying I told the other boy can you atleast share with him he just said no...I didn't want to get too deep into it so I had to walk away.
Who's ball was it after all??? It did not have a name it was just a plain light green tennis ball...I felt bad for the boy who was crying :( Some kids can be so mean I wish I had a dollar on me to give to that poor boy he was having a blast while he had that ball.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am getting so sick of mean kids! I have 12 yr. old ds and he is NOT mean. we talk about this all the time. He is annoyed with other kids who call each other gay and push kids around. I would have taken the ball and given it to the little kid and told the other one to go get his parents so I could ask them who's ball it was!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 6:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The older kid may very well have lost it a few days before. Just because it doesn't have his name doesn't mean it's not his or that he won't recognize it.

Might he have just taken it from the younger one, claiming it's his? Sure. Any proof?

Should he have shared with the little boy? Older kids rarely like to share any more than little ones do. He may not have known the younger boy. Why should he have to sit there and play with him?

Should you have forced him to give the ball back? No. You didn't know the older was lying, you can't give his ball to someone else.

There is no "fair" way to solve such problems. "Finder-keepers, Losers-weepers" is no more fair than "that's mine, give it back" and many would say it's less fair. Snatching a toy from a youger child is mean, so is forcing a child to share his toy when he doens't want to. But then, life isn't fair.

Whose ball was it? I have no idea.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Does it matter? none of them kids was yours so just go let their parents figure it out.
    Anonymous