Car seats and motorhomes?

We've been thinking about getting a motorhome, the kind you drive, not the kind you pull behind a truck. When I was younger my parents had one and my brother and I buckled into the bench against the wall so we rode sideways, but my kids are a lot younger than we were and would need car seats. What are the laws on car seats and motorhomes? I wouldn't want my kids riding sideways, either!

heydooney

Asked by heydooney at 6:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Travel

• I dont know..thats a good question. and you mean and RV-those are the 1's you drive
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• also known as motorhomes around here.
    heydooney

Answer by heydooney at 8:50 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I've had to do a little research on this and the way the carseat laws tend to read is, "in a motor vehicle" without specifying only some types of motor vehicles, so I'd think that carseats would be required as they are for any vehicle in your area.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2009