I want a great recipe for chicken lettuce wraps....?

I am not crazy for the thai style, but in a resteraunt I enjoyed the idea and I need someone who has a crazy good sauce or mixture or something? I am thinking of grilling chicken breast and dicing it finely and then adding some kind of sauce, I think that is similar to the lettuce wraps at P.F. Changs.. any ideas?

karenwarshaw

Asked by karenwarshaw at 6:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I made these using my crock pot (I work alot of hours)

I just threw in 5 defrosted boneless skinless chicken breasts and let them cook on low for 10 hours (you can crank it up to high if you want them done faster).
    I took them out and shredded them with 2 forks.
    Clean out the crockpot (the chicken fat and gunk).
    throw the shredded chicken in and add whatever sauce you like (we prefer BBQ with garlic and brown sugar added).
    Let it simmer on High for about half an hour, then you can turn it back to low.
    If you don't eat it all, it keeps in the fridge really good and is actually better the next day. I put the chicken in lettuce wraps, DH and kids stuffed them in pita pockets with cheese and lettuce and chowed down.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• thanks forI the tip.. I went ahead and went with a sweet and sour / bbq style sauce with a tad of jerk sauce on grilled chicken.. added those crunchy water chestnuts and it was real good wrapped in boston lettuce..
    karenwarshaw

Answer by karenwarshaw at 12:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2009