MIL issues....

Im 15 weeks pregnant an my MIL just started to talk crap on me.... an she compared me to a toddler.... saying he was much smarter an had more manners... which i find incredibly rude! im so much older goodness! but i started to think about my child... do you think its wrong of me to not want to expose my child to her because of how she treats me but also how she treats her son? I would hate for my son or daughter to experience that at a young age... since she wasnt fond of him in the first place! and i really dont want him or her to grow up like how i did an i think i just want to protect them :(

i dunno.. i know its ultimately my choice but im just looking for what you guys would do in this situation.. thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to surround yourself with people who are good to you. Allowing your child to see anyone belittle his/her parent is not acceptable.

Just because she is "family" doesn't mean she has the right to put you or your hubby down. It may be time to move far enough away from her destructive attitude that she needs an airplane to be in your face.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i would just stipulate that you only want her to be around your kid if youre there too so you can step in if she starts treating anyone wrong. i think thats really rude what she was saying but dont take it to heart, if she was talking behind your back then who do YOU think was really acting like a child? good luck!
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My grandmother, my children's grandmother, is even worse. Just an overall negative person. If I've decided to sever all contact with her (as soon as I move out), you can to your MIL. Granted she'll want to see the baby and all, just try to do so when you're not around. Maybe she's just mean to you?
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 7:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009