Powell airs doubts on Obama's agenda..what say you?

Gee ya think Powell? HMM maybe you should not of endorsed the man as a republican could it of been because of pigment of skin? hmm

Colin Powell, one of President Obama's most prominent Republican supporters, expressed concern Friday that the president's ambitious blitz of costly initiatives may be enlarging the size of government and the federal debt too much.

"I'm concerned at the number of programs that are being presented, the bills associated with these programs and the additional government that will be needed to execute them," Mr. Powell said in an excerpt of an interview with CNN's John King, released by the network Friday morning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Mr. Powell, a retired U.S. army general who rose to political prominence after a long and accomplished military career, said that health care reform and many of Mr. Obama's other initiatives are "important" to Americans.

But, he said, "one of the cautions that has to be given to the president -- and I've talked to some of his people about this -- is that you can't have so many things on the table that you can't absorb it all."

"And we can't pay for it all," said Mr. Powell, who was the first African-American to serve as secretary of state, under former President George W. Bush. He was also national security adviser to President Reagan, and was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President George H.W. Bush from 1989 to 1993

Anonymous

• I was willing to read this post until you mentioned "pigment of skin". That, in my opinion, makes you a stupid troll who knows nothing about Colin Powell.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Links please. Powell is a smart men,and he has the right to say what he thinks. It is called freedom of speech, OP.
    Anonymous

• My husband lost all respect for Powell when he endorsed Obama. (Hubby is Repub.-I'm not.)

Anonymous

• Do I give a crap what your hubby thinks about anything?
    Anonymous

• Do I give a crap what one of MANY blue question marks thinks?

NOPE!
    Anonymous

• ^^^^ Wow, that was unnecessary.
    Anonymous

• answer 7:22 was in response to answer 7:19.
    Anonymous

• http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/03/powell-airs-doubts-on-obama-agenda/?feat=home_headlines

I will have more to link coming up.
    Anonymous

• I wonder if Powell will pull his "endorsement" of Obama in the near future. I think most of us opposed to Obama aren't surprised by what he is doing - which is why it was so frustrating to see someone like Powell endorse him. How did he not see what many of us did?
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2009