Is the Gerber Life Insurance a good thing or a scam? Does anyone have it?

ang0343

Asked by ang0343 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in General Parenting

• IMO, a scam, but I never really looked into it.
    ProudMammaBear

Answer by ProudMammaBear at 1:05 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i was actually wondering this myself. i was doing our monthly shredding of junk mail and came across several applications from them. i actually thought about doing it, but wasn't sure.
    SamsMom125

Answer by SamsMom125 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I purchased the Gerber Life Insurance for my daughter. It is legitimate. It's not a scam. I like it because when your child is 18, they can cash it in for every payment that was ever made, and use it for college or something. Or they can keep it, and the amount will double.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I'm pretty sure it's not a scam, but you could definitely find better/cheaper life insurance through a regular agent, like State Farm.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It's not a scam, but there are much MUCH better insurance policies out there.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:28 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We have it. It is really cheap (as long as you get it when the baby is young). It isn't a scam. We also have insurance on our son through my husband's work because it is cheap. Hubby is paranoid about one of us dying and wants there to be enough to cover everything.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 10:56 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• All whole life insurances are scams in my opinion. Take the same money and start a 529 plan or a savings account and you will come out ahead.
    If you and your spouse have life insurance you can usually get a "rider" on your kids for free or dirt cheap for the unimaginable.
    Krowla

Answer by Krowla at 7:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2008