would you ever

add someone as a friend after they fired you? what I mean is that my boss fired me two years ago and just asked to be my friend on facebook. I haven't talked to him since I got fired and we never hung out during the two years I was working with him. what are your opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That's a little weird. I guess it would depend on our work relationship and why/how I was fired.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 7:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i agree it all depends on what you were fired for..if you dont no and it still upsets you then i suggest maybe it not be a good idea to accept him..but if you put it behind you and its no biggie then your ball game do what you want..either way for me id want to find out what his angle is..kinda weird that after 2 years he wants to all of a sudden request you on facebook..odd
    ilovEmma09

Answer by ilovEmma09 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No, I don't think I would, especially since you never had a friendship with the guy in the first place. It's just a little too weird for my taste.
    Intrepid

Answer by Intrepid at 7:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• If you were friends and he fired you reluctantly but was forced in to it, then maybe. If you transgressed and he fired you and didn't give you a recommendation, then no. He may just be excited about finding someone he knew, but it would just be too awkward in my opinion.

Answer by Bmat at 7:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Depends on why you got fired.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think it's weird. One time I went to therapy for a few weeks and I quit bc my therapist was kind of creepy...he then 2 weeks later asked to be my friend on myspace. Weird.
    Anonymous

• I got fired cause I didn't want to do HIS workload for MY salary. I couldn't prove it though. I'm over it now but at the time I was beyond pissed. he told me I was doing fine then told the supervisor I wasn't doing MY duties which was a load. we worked fine together but had different tastes (he did drugs, I didn't, amongst other things) I went ahead and added him for now... if he does something I don't like I will delete him. like I said I am over the hard feelings now. it wasn't a great job anyways... (although I do miss the insurance coverage)
    Anonymous

• Nope, I wouldnt.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009