on average, how many ounces of formula per day should a 3 month old be getting?

my daughter eats 5 oz. 4 times a day.. is that too little? she seems fully satisfied after each feeding, and she sleeps from about 10 pm - 7:30 am. everyone is telling me thats not enough so idk?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If she's gaining weight correctly and she seems satisfied, then that's perfectly fine. Some babies don't eat as much as others, just like adults. I think at three months old my daughter was drinking four or five 5 oz bottles a day, about the same as your daughter.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yeah i know this one person who feeds her son like seven 8 oz. bottles a day! sorry but i think thats entirely too much! thanks for the answer though. :)
    Anonymous

• If she's following a good growth curve and you let her eat as much as she wants, then she is getting enough for her. Every baby is different. They grow at different rates, learn new things at different times, sleep with different schedules, and eat different amounts. Go with her cues. Let her tell you when she's hungry and when she's full. Ignore how much she eats (or doesn't).

As for the people telling you it's not enough - simply tell them you don't keep track of the ounces. Tell them you let her eat as much as she wants and she is growing well and is happy. That's all that matters.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my son eats like 6 6oz bottles a day
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009