How do I get her to stop?!

My 16 month old daughter tends to get into everything! Example, she keeps going after remotes. I tell her no, and she goes off. Comes back tells me "no no" and tries to take the remote. And when she gets into a fit she pinches me! HELP!

AmandaMarie821

Asked by AmandaMarie821 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• the remote thing will solve it's self with constancy as will the saying no with correction each time 'Don't say no it's not nice'. The pinching on the other hand needs to stop or it will get out of control. Mine hits. I take her hand and give it a firm squeeze and tell her 'no hitting!'. Not hard enough to hurt her but to get her to realze that it is what she did with the hand that i am correcting. It will pass and she will move on to bigger and better ways to annoy and test you. My mom always says that it's not the terrible 2's it's the terrible 1's 2's 3's 4's all the way up to 21. It never gets better it just gets different. So far I am apt to agree.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My DD does the same thing it's a stage that there going Thur testing there limits. Just wait till the terrible two's if it's like this now. Mine will look at me and shack her head no, and laugh at me.

Anonymous

• damnit lol Thanks.
    AmandaMarie821

Answer by AmandaMarie821 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I sooo feel for you but.... this should make you think you don't have it so bad after all..lol I have twin18 month old girls. I have to put EVERYTHING eye level up on my counters. We have to lay our dinning room chaies down and push them under the table because they use them to climb on EVERYTHING. I t took us 2 day's to find our remote, they pushed it under our stove.My girls won't listen to "NO Tryed to slap hands and a swat on the butt but that only made me feel bad. "So..when they go to kindergarden, I guess it will be safe to bring out my lamps and end tables again..lol
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009