Can anyone tell me how Christians are discriminated against?

I know this question is probably going to cause a stink, but it is something I have been pondering for a few days. There have been Christians on here who claim that they have been discriminated against, and I would like to know how. Anybody have any stories of discrimination because of your Christian faith?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i was discriminated against by a anti-Christian biology teacher i had in high school. i use anti-Christian b/c he never talked bad about any other religion. the first day he banned the words belief & religion from his classroom & spent the whole first semester on Evolution & how Creationism was for morons. so after class about 3 weeks into the semester i told him that he was being very rude by shoving his beliefs down my throat. he got mad that i said his thoughts on God were also just beliefs. strange that from that point on no matter how good my work was, my grade was a D. i got a bad grade on a test but checked the answers & mine were right. so me & my parents made a stink. strangely my grade went up to an A. i thought it was all over, but he started pointing me out in class that i was a "believer". i had to cry to the principal to get out of his class. its not the only time i was discriminated against, just the biggest.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think that anyone can be discriminated on because of their faith, not just non-Christians. Anyone who is treated differently because of their faith is being discriminated upon. I also see how Christians could see discrimination everywhere. Because Christianity as a whole is a very limitful religion, with lots of rules, it's easy to see how one could see certain laws (gay marriage, abortion, no prayer in schools...) as an infringement on their beliefs and how things like "equal opportunity act" could seem like discrimination because if someone claims to be Islamic and has the same qualifications as a Christian the employer will usually choose the Muslim just so they don't seem prejudice (and yes, I have seen this happen). I think that people of all paths are discriminated on but much less than most feel.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• For instance there was a question in the Money & Work section the other day. Where a lady had been fired from a Christian Book Store for wearing a Pentagram. Do I think she was discriminated? No. Did she? Yes! I look at it this way, if you insist on wearing a pentagram, don't work at a Christian book store and visa versa... She didn't fit the job and so she was terminated.

However she saw this as a huge discrimination case and wanted to sue...

I think it works both ways. If someone is told not to pray in a public school are they being discriminated? No, not as long as EVERYONE is told not to pray there... But, if only the Christian is told, then yes... I personally think people are just WAY to sensative nowadays! People seem to think that every thing is aimed at THEM personally and not at the country as a whole.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm gonna be very honest here.

Christians are in fact discriminated against cos they are the one religon the gets made fun of relentlessly without and fear of backlash. WHY?

Cos christians aren't going to kick up a fuss. And because they are the majority religon in countries like the Uk and the US. So of course no one cares. The goverment will always go with the minority.

Its sad. But true. Its also the same reason white people get a raw deal if someone if rascist towards them. No one cares because they are the majority.
    Anonymous

• "Cos christians aren't going to kick up a fuss."
    lol really?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Well, they aren't going to bomb large towers.
    Anonymous

No, but they will invade and bomb entire countries.
    Anonymous

• ohhhhhh......................good one
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• and anon 853...that wa wrong. not all muslims are like that. YOU JUST DISCRIMINATED AGAINST THEM. bad christian!!!!!!!!!!!! *slaps your wriest with a holy ruler*
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• cant we all just get along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009