need advice...

ok on wednesday i went to the doctor and the doctor told me i was 3cm dilated that my cervix was completely thined out and i could go into labor at anytime. well today i went to the hospital because i was having contractions and the nurse checked me and she said that she thought i was only 1cm dilated and my cervix was still thick and she didnt see me going anytime soon. i'm wondering which one would be more correct? who would know more about it? i know the doctor went to school to learn that stuff but the nurses see and do that job ever day too. so who do i trust?

froggiedee

Asked by froggiedee at 8:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well.... I would honestly trust your own doctor. He's been with you through the pregnancy.
    Of course, everyone's examinations can vary slightly, but not to that degree.

And it's odd that if you were 3cm, he didn't check you in already. Unless you're close to your due date.

I was 3 cm dilated at 20 weeks, and my OB checked me in IMMEDIATELY. ASAP.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would agree with the 1st.. some of the nurses especially in smaller hospitals don't do near as many "checks" as docs do... When I was first checked in, they couldn't even find my cervix. They said it was crooked or something...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am 3 cm and have been three weeks almost now. They dont automatically check you in. but the different doctors you see can give diff measurements i've been told 2 1/2 -3 1/2 cent by all my checks. (i'm 37 weeks almost 38)
    elizabethrai

Answer by elizabethrai at 10:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009