Potty training! She has got it down, but what now?

My daughter is 2 and a half. She is using her potty at home, but now she is not pulling her panties down, she just sits on the potty and pees through them. What do I do?

Also she won't go to the bathroom on a potty anywhere, but at home. She won't use public or other peoples bathrooms. Advice please.

lauraluann

Asked by lauraluann at 8:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would also try one of those foldable, portable potty seats. I know Babies R Us carries them. They fold into quarters so you can pack them in a diaper bag. It might help her use the potty out in public or at a friend's house if she has something familiar to sit on.

For the panties, keep helping her like babycakes suggested. The other thing I would try is take her to the store & pick out some new totally rockin' panties. Maybe a fav cartoon character? Then say something like, Let's keep Dora/Elmo/Strawberry Shortcake dry & not pee in your panties. That might give her a bit of motiviation. Also, make sure she has enough time to get to the potty. She may feel like she can't hold it so she just sits. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 3:21 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• No advice. Some kids aren't comfy using it anywhere. My daughter was the same way. She is now 4 and will only pee if I am in the stall lol. the same goes if she is at someone's house.
    As far as the panties go, you need to help her. Go with her and instruct her to pull them down. She will get the hang out of it. Routine makes things easier to remember.
    Just be patient :-)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thanks!
    lauraluann

Answer by lauraluann at 8:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009