adrenal fatigue? thyroid issue? about to get a cold?

I feel restless, my muscles are achy and I feel fatugied and lethargic. I feel a little out of breathe and as if dehydrated, but I've been drinking lots of water today. I dont feel hot as if I have a fever. I went to a health food store a few weeks ago, explained my symptoms (I was also feeling a little depressed/stressed at the time), and the lady suggested I take homeopatic medicine for adrenal fatigue. after a couple days I felt better, so I stopped taking it, but every thing seems to have come back. it as been an all day thing. I have tried resting but have a bit of insomnia. some say thyroid issue, some adrenal issue, and SO told me it might be a cold starting....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 8:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Health

• With adrenal fatigue you cannot take something for a few days and quit. You have to stick to it. Thyroid conditions require a complete lifestyle change. You wil have to change your diet by avoiding certain foods and adding others. You may also want to consider progesterone replacement. I would venture to say it is most likely hormone imbalance caused by thyroid problems as well as adrenal fatigue. I suggest finding a naturopathic doctor. The lady at the health food store, although probably very knowledgible, is not going to be able to properly diagnose you without certain tests.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Be sure to continue to drink lots of water throughout the day. Even take a glass to bed with you. Not saying that water is the cure-all, b/c you likely do have something else going on in your body that you want to take care of, but dehydration in the summer months makes the body get so out of kilter that I've discovered with myself and my son, diff. symptoms that seem to pop up when we're dehydrated. Including crankiness, listless, hot flashes, sluggish, etc.

Also, I have seen a correlation with sugar intake. In the summer we have a tendency to eat more sugar with ice cream, soda's, candy, etc. Sugar makes your insulin rise, then drop. Add that to a warm day & the need for water & the body can feel too tired to have a good time & enjoy the day.

Be sure, too, to watch your diet. Eat less fast food junk, and eat more from home with good proteins 3 x's a day, fresh veg. and fruits. Good food is cheaper and simpler.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2009