What can I do to prevent an old family cemetery from being disturbed by the farmers plow. He owns the field it is located in.

I live a long way away from this cemetery but my ancestors are buried there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• possibly get it sanctioned as a historical site if its old enough>

ultimately its his propery
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Check with the states historical society ASAP.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Isn't there some law about desecrating human bodies?
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 8:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would contact your local historical society. If it has plots that go back quiet a way. they should know how to save it from being plowed over.
    Personally, I can't see how someone could do that in the first place. Not only is it disrespcetful to the dead, but also kinda gross.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't know where you are but here in PA, it is illegal to do ANY damage to a grave... You should be able to get a court order to prevent him from causing damage...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't really understand...I don't think this is possible.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• first you need to see what the law in your state are. In the state of KY (where i live) if there is a cemetery on your property you are not allowed to bother it, even if it is not in the deed. I now for a fact that, in our state, the owner of the property has to allow a road to the cemetery, can not disturb the cemetery in any way, and can not dictate where the people will be buried if anyone new is to be buried there. We have 2 cemeteries on our property.

deneejude

Answer by deneejude at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2009