Christians that believe there is a hell...

How often do you tell a person they are going to burn in hell? If you have told a person they will or are going to hell why do you tell them this?

I understand many claim they are told they are going to hell but right now I want to hear it out of the horses mouths. Christians that have told another person

"you are going to hell" (not might or could but actual confirmation of their eternal resting place)

If you have told a person where they will spend eternity please let me know why you did so and what makes you believe you have the knowledge to know this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mom told me this when I told her I wasn't a Christian anymore. Goodness knows WHY she did it. I find it quite insulting that she would tell her own daughter that.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am a Christian and I would NEVER tell anyone that they were going to hell. That is not my place, its Gods judgement and only HE knows true hearts.

Christians are wrong for telling others that, but they are human remember. Prone to errors.
    Anonymous

• The only person that i told would root in hell, was a drunk drive that killed my 15 month old brother. He was doing 90mph down are street lost control of the car and drove through are fence, into are front yard and killed him. I honestly think i said it out of anger and thats it....
    Anonymous

• thanks caitxrawks, but I was asking Christians that believe there is a hell. I want to hear why a Christian would say this. If the question gets bogged down by those who claim it was said to them that answer may not come.

I understand you can answer any question you want, but I h ope you can also respect the OP and let the question be answered by those it is directed towards. I don't go into question directed towards pagans.
    Anonymous

• I am not sure I have actually used the term you are going to hell. I have said that the bible says unbelievers will not go to Heaven. My way of witnessing is to tell people of God's love not whether or not they will burn in hell.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• ive never told someone they are going to hell. i did tell one friend of mine that i doubt God liked it that he was having sex w/ a married woman (whose DH was in Iraq)...but thats the closest ive ever gotten.

i HATE when ppl tell others they are going to hell...like they know so much...hah!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Christians do not have the power to send them but we do have the power and authority to tell them what road they are on.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• "Christians do not have the power to send them but we do have the power and authority to tell them what road they are on. "
    if they could go POOF your going to hell. some of us would be screwed lol.

i told someone to go to hell onetime...she was a bitch
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• LOL moki, I have said go to hell before, but last week I told a lady at the bank "F" you. Glad we don't have the power to make it poof happens because she was not all that.
    Anonymous

• well if you said fuck you...yo would have to designate who was fucking her......but if you dropped a hammer on your foot and went ahhh fuck me.....that might get painful
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009