pet heaven?

is there such a place?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "If there are no dogs in Heaven,
    then when I die I want to go
    where they went." -
    Will Rogers

Some people think they don't go to heaven because they have no "souls", but I hope they do!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I HOPE THAT PETS GO TO HEAVEN WITH PEOPLE.
    Anonymous

• yea i sorta believe they go with us.

a few psychics say that too.

if so...omg can you imagine if the pets you had as a kid randomly show up pissed off cause when you were little you bit them...i didnt know any better! i was young...and i bit him on the ear lol
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't necessarily believe in Heaven in the Christian sense anyhow, even for human beings. However I do believe that animals are sentient beings in their own right and that they return to the source of being in the same way that human beings do.
    A quote by Robert Louis Stephenson that I have always loved: "Do you think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• so if you believe being gay is a sin.
    what about gay dogs
    seirously my dads old beagle was screwing another male mut in the back......

does that make them sinful dogs?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No the bible does not speak of animals going to heaven
    Patty414

Answer by Patty414 at 9:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Well, if they don't go, that's just one more reason for me NOT to want to go. I am an animal lover and I don't want to be away from them.
    As for me, I think they go "home" and only spend one life on this planet.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• There will be animals in Heaven but I'm not sure if they'll be the animals we have as pets today. The Bible isn't clear on this so I doubt we'll know until we die =)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Pets do not have immortal souls like humans do so they do not go to heaven. But I think being in the presense of God who is all that is good and loving will make up for that. And when Christ comes again and creates a new heaven and a new earth I think it's quite possible he could perfectly recreate the pets that we loved.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:02 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• There will be animals in heaven, will they be our pets and animals that were on earth? I don't know. The animals as far as I know are just to be our companions. Then later on we got dominion over them and the CLEAN animals became meat for us to eat. But as far as them going to heaven I am going to look into that.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2009