22nd amendment recall ?

i have recently heard of this and was concerned about it. i must admit other then hearing it from third party i was suspecious so i looked it up on snopes. obama wants to pass this so he could continue to run this counrty without having to campain again. i say let the people have their say. here's the link

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/termlimits.asp

what do you think about this news developement? i'm a bit concerned. doesn't seem fair to the people as if our voices don't count.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh, it pretty much seems that they don't think our voices count.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• dont be suprised.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I wouldn't be surprised BUT even if the 22nd amendment was repealed he would still have to campaign and be voted in each 4 years. Considering what it takes to amend the Constitution I doubt it DC would be able to add an amendment allowing any one person to be president for life.

According to Snopes the rep who is trying to pass this has introduced the same legislation 7 times regardless of which party has the WH, among others who have tried to introduce similar legislation. None of them even made it out of committee much less passed and went to the states to be ratified.

I'll chalk it up to more fear mongering.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 9:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• This legislation has been brought up since 1985 or so..It has ZERO to do with Barack Obama...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It doesn't have anything to do with Obama, but it's still an unnecessary action.

I'm a big fan of term limits. Long term power corrupts.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am a firm believer in the phrase, "absolute power corrupts absolutely." I believe that there should definitely be term limits.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Me too..and so do MANY people. This guy has NEVER been close to getting it anywhere near passes!
    I'm for term limits for ALL politicians!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Snopes has been outed for being biased towards liberals. That being said, it's scary to see what snopes is admitting to. Makes me wonder if there's more truth to that email than Snopes wants us to know.
    Anonymous

• haha some of y'all must not have read the same article i did...

theres a guy who has proposed ending term limits 6 times & it had nothing to do with which side was holding the Presidency. there are an equal number of Dems & Repubs that have proposed this bill before. just cause that current guy wants it to be so that Obama can be president for life doesnt make it so...there would still be elections!

man...some ppl will do anything to ensure their panties stay bunched up...
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:49 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh FFS. Obama isn't the one trying to get this legislation through, and this has been attempted numerous times by the same Rep as Friday pointed out. How LAME that Pugs are trying to pin this on Obama trying to take over the White House forever.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 10:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009