What do you think the right age is to get your babies/kids ears pierced?

is it better to do it younger or older?

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 9:15 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they should be old enough to decide for themselves.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 9:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think when they can ask.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 9:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• When they are old enough to tell you they want their ears pierced.
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'd say wait also... i know several girls who have their ears pierced from when they were babies... they are crooked and uneven... their ears grew differently than expected...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• my mom did it when i asked and i was 6 yrs old so i think its better to wait until they are older
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• When they are old enough to want it done and take care of their own ears.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:35 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I agree with the pp. My dd asked me around 2 and I told her that it hurts a little bit. She decided to wait. She said she was ready when she was 3. At 2 my ds said he wanted an earring like daddy has. I explained to him that it hurts a little bit like we did with our dd. He quickly said he changed his mind. He's 4 now and still doesn't want one but does like daddys.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 9:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I"m goin to get my daughters after she has her first immunizations. I always wanted to get mine when i was younger my mom said to wait til I was 7 than I had to wait til i was 12. I always wished I had them when I was little. I'm not saying my daughter will want it that way too but if she desides she doesn't want them pireced she can always take them out simple as that.
    Anonymous

• wait till they know wat it is and can ask for it my mother waited till i was 2 and i asked for holes in my ears so thats when she got mine done my daughter is 2 and shes asking for hers done now and ill get them done for her soon but! always ask if she still wants them done every now and then and the day u go to do it ask her again if she says no then dont that day or itll only turn into a screaming sesion
    cocobutt2002

Answer by cocobutt2002 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My daughter has had her ears pierced since she has been 3months old. And has never taken them out or pulled on them. She'll be 7yrs next month.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009