WHEN SHOULD I STaRT the Cake

Tomorrow we are having a 4th of july/birthday combo and i thought to tie in independance day i would make a flag cake. The recipe calls for jello with strawberries and blueberries inside. Should i make the jello tonight ? I was considering it to save a mess to clean before everyone shows.

And how long does it take for cake to cool? Should I consider making the cake tonight too and just decorate it tomorrow?

jenniamigo

Asked by jenniamigo at 9:20 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Make the cake tonite. While you want it to be moist, the jello and berries will do that. Bakers always make cakes ahead of time. Many freeze them and thaw the day before frosting so that the cake will be firm. Decorate tomorrow. I'm betting it will be beautiful! And tasty too!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009