jehovah witness

ok so im just really venting right now. my mom is a jehovah witness and i was forced to be raised as one and was baptized and at 19 i was shunned from the religion and not able to talk to my mom stepdad and brother, well now im married and have a baby and she always asks to see him which i dont mind, but its just crazy to me that my husband and son can go over there and im not able to, i just cant believe there is sucha selfish religion that makes people think god is more important than your own children when god is loving and gave us the blessing of children. what do you people think about the jehovah witness religion

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I was raised Jehovah's witness too. I think the "we are so loving" "look at the love in the congregagation" is a bunch of crap. My BIL was abusing my sister and they told her to be a better wife! I left at 16 before I was baptized.
    Anonymous

• well your lucky because i cannot stand it. im thinkin of moving to washington where my husbands family is because i want a loving family, i asked my dad to move because hes not one and he said he would so its all in when we save enough money
    Anonymous

• I was also raised a witness and what you are going though is still strange to me. My mother was disfellowshiped when I was a kid. She was never cut off from her family. They were all councled and told that they shouldn't spend great amounts of time together but that for family sake they could still see one another and spend small amounts of time together...

Personally I was never caught up in all that. I disagreed with Christianity altogeher from the time I could read...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:17 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• That's really sad. I don't know how a parent can let their religion come between them and their children.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I am just confused by it to be honest. I mean the whole being angels thing I studied that and I don't see it. But ok, believe what you want that is your God given right. So we started out as angles and when we die we end up as angels. Then the whole golden tablets thing. But I am going to study this further. To see why it is so believeable.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Well there is a passage in the Bible that states put God before your children and husband/wife. I'm not gonna get the Bible out but i'm sure I read it there.. I am not jehovah's witness, but when they come to my door I try not to turn away people of God unless I'm in a nightgown, lol. I don't like that practice about disassociating ur family. What are reasons for that happening, out of curiousity
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• NEVER would I put a "religion" or church before my family!!! I got the same BS from the Mormons when I was one & planning a wedding. The bishop told me to put my "future family" before my mom & family who are not Mormon, and get married in a temple. I SCREAMED at him thet my mom worked her fingers to the bone to raise me all alone and she would NEVER be left out of one of the most important days of my life!! Needless to say I have not set foot in a Mormon "church" since.
    I cannot see how a church could alienate your family. I guess the Amish do it too
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• God does say to put him first before your family but doesn't mean don't care about them or alienate them. I think it means that don't let them cause you to fall. If they want to live sinful lives, don't follow them. Teach them of God and his love and mercy but if they reject it just love them LOVE THEM! not reject them, not shun them not alienate them but LOVE them! God does not want us to shut out our families. I am married to an unbeliever and I love him. I tell him of God sometimes when the situation arises but will I ever shun him? Will I ever alienate him? No never! He may be my worst enemy in the battle over our childrens souls but I will love him until I grow old and die, after he dies if he goes first or until I go to heaven. I just HOPE PRAY and BEG God to give him the big kick in teh butt he needs. Cause I want him in heaven. I want everyone in heaven but not everyone wants to go. Not everyone has faith in God.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:36 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I do pray ladies that you DO NOT let these circumstances drive you away from God. Please if you want to know what he really wants for you, from you just pick up your bible. Read it and he'll show you :) God bless you all.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:37 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• rhanford, I may be mistaken and JW's may have had their own set of golden tablets...but I believe you are getting that part confused with Mormons and their golden tablets/plates.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jul. 4, 2009