I thought pregnant women were horny!

I am 38 weeks along, this is my first pregnancy. I always heard that pregnant women were extremely horny..I have been just the opposite. It is the furthest thing from my mind! The whole time that I have been pregnant we have had sex a total of twice. Once in December, and then again in May. By May it was extremely uncomfortable for me. I dont know whats wrong with me...I just dont feel very sexy and cant seem to get in the mood. Did anyone else ever feel this way when you were pregnant? And if so what did you do about it? I feel guilty because my boyfriend really does deserve it.

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• heeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll no..Im 28wks havent been horny since I was like 5wks
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I stopped being horny around the 4th month. I wanted NOTHING to do with sex at all.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yeah, I have like limited sexual drive. Every once in a while I get in the mood but mostly I am feel bloated and miserable lol. How can you feel sexy when you're this blown up?! lol
    mommyin08of09

Answer by mommyin08of09 at 10:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I used to be the most horny woman ever. When I got preg. with my first son (2 1/2 years ago) I totally lost my sex drive. I would try to psych myself up to do it... I still haven't gotten my drive back- just when I kind of was I got pregnant again (and haven't had sex since... its only been a few weeks yet.)
    I don't know what to tell you except don't feel bad about it. Some say that once you become pregnant the hormonal urge to do it is gone because fertilization was achieved...
    A lot of people on this site talk about how horny they are, how they have sex 2 times a day blah, blah, blah... Don't feel like you're the only one not doing it- I hope it gets better for you once the baby comes:)
    In the mean time, don't do anything you're not comfortable with, try to explain it to your hubby (he probably won't totally understand) and make sure he knows that you still love him. Good luck with your impending arrival.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• for me its on and off but within minutes! ill want it then get side tracked by food or tv.
    wickedclownmomi

Answer by wickedclownmomi at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I had sex maybe 4 times my whole pregnancy. After 4 months, I still am rarely in the mood for it.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:43 PM on Jul. 3, 2009