Mixed emotions

Im 38 weeks pregnant and when you add the heat to that I am MISERABLE!!! But I am also happy because I know I am about to have a beautiful little girl. I feel kind of guilty for complaining about everything because I know that everything I am going through is for the baby. I just dont really know what to do with all these different emotions, im happy, yet very miserable, and for that I feel guilty. I guess what I am asking is if it is normal to feel so many different emotions at one time?

Jessaroo1987

Asked by Jessaroo1987 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Totally normal but I would talk to your doc about it to make sure your ahead of the game because postpartum depression is common so you want to make sure you don't end up suffering from that after the baby comes, at least you can be prepared. I'm not saying you will have postpartum but it's something you should look into.
    Anonymous

• that is very normal especially that far along and with this heat. If it's as hot where you are. No need to feel guilty about it. I felt the same way though but it's hard to go through pregnancy, just hang in there.
    Anonymous

• no worries! i am 39 weeks on monday and i hate everything right now. i am so anxious to see the baby and have pregnancy over with yet trying to cherish these last few days without another child to tote( this is my 3rd). i felt the same way with my 2nd too. its soo normal to feel crazy and happy and scared all at once. if this is your first try to appreciate sleeping and eating when you want bc that is all about to come crashing down. good luck and have a safe delivery!
    Anonymous

• very normal. If it didn't get so uncomfortable no one would ever want to go into labor:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009