My hair is falling OUT!!!

Does anyone know what I can do to stop my hair from falling out? I've been stressed lately, and I have noticed that more and more of my hair is starting to just fall out in chunks!!What can I do??

proud_mommy1322

Asked by proud_mommy1322 at 10:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• this happened to me recently and someone told me it was my shampoo, Pantene. I tried using dove and its not as bad. I am almost 50 and have very thick hair so i'm trying to wash it gently these days.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Could you be going through some hormonal changes? For about a year after I had my first kiddo I had that problem, but once I got put back on birth control it stopped. If you are sure that it is stress causing your hair to fall out then maybe you could go to your doctor and asked to put on some anti-anxiety meds? Or try some natural stress relieving techniques (although I know being a mommy leaves little to no time for that kind of thing). Also try doing the least amount of damage possible to it right now, ie no dying it and cut down on the use of a blow dryer - that type of thing really does a lot of damage to hair. Good luck!

ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• This can be caused by so many medical conditions. Please see a doctor. If you don't have insurance, Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Do you color/bleach your hair often? It may just be breaking off at the roots. It has happened to me. Go to a good hair stylist and find out what kind of products she recommends you use on your scalp. The scalp needs to be very healthy in order for optimum hair growth. Also, you may want to see a dermatologist. It could be something related to that field.
    Good Luck
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009