cookies help please

I wanna make some cookies,preferably the kind that you can frost,and put sprinkles on. Are they sugar cookies? How do make them can someone give me a superb recipe please I will luv ya forever.. ^_^ Baking is always a challenge for me.

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 10:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sour Cream Sugar Cookies are the best!

1 cup shortening
    1 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
    1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt

FROSTING:
    1 cup butter, softened
    9 cups confectioners' sugar
    3 teaspoons vanilla extract
    2/3 to 3/4 cup milk
    food coloring
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:26 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
    On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 10:27 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Place 1 in. apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
    For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Add enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Tint with food coloring. Decorate cookies as desired. Makes about 4-1/2 dozen.
    a_and_j_momma

• My kids like to make and decorate cookies too, but since I went back to work it's kind of a hassle making them so we use refrigerated sugar cookie dough and store-bought frosting that we color ourselves. They really just want to decorate them anyway :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:12 AM on Jul. 4, 2009