Any Suggestions?

I have 2 little boys who think computer games are cool. They are 5 and 7. I would like to find some safe and fun sites for them. I appreciate any suggestions you might have. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My ds went to PBSkids.org and nick jr and we had reader rabbit games which were fun for him.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• sproutonline.com...my daughters 4 and loves it
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• NICKELODEON.COM LOTS OF SPONGEBOB STUFF
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Just a tip... be very watchful when they play those games. My kids are both 5, and I had to make them stop using my computer. They played on Nick.com and things like that, but I wound up with a horrible virus that completely ransacked and deleted EVERYTHING on my computer. The only thing we could think that it came from was from the kids clicking on things that they didn't know what they were clicking on. We just got them their own computer, it is OLD but it was free, and we got them some CD games that they can play :)
    MissAndrea125

Answer by MissAndrea125 at 1:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Without question, Webosaurs.com. It is a kids virtual world with games, quests, safe chat, parent's area, etc. It is SAFE, moderated by a company called Metaverse Mod Squad that employs stay at home moms. I love love love that. My nephew can't stop playing it, my daughter loves it, and I feel totally confident about
    TheBearsMom

Answer by TheBearsMom at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I like the sites that have live monitors. My nephew is a dinosaur freak and likes sites where he can play with them, but my sister finds it hard to sit with him on her lap for a long time. seems like a pretty good alternative, so she can take a 5min break without worrying herself sick that he's on the pc alone for a short time.
    gamergirl30

Answer by gamergirl30 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Some of my kids favorites are club penguin, poisson rouge, nick jr, pbs, noggin, up to ten, and star wars kids. They also like the ones that are tied to toys like webkinz, beanie babies 2.0, and littlest pet shop pets.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daughter uses a web browser for kids called Kidzui. They will get their own password, and the browser only allows them to go to safe sites. Her school recommended it, so I think it is pretty safe as far as viruses. We never had any problems.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Wow! Thanks for all the great suggestions!

My boys tried out Webosaurs and LOVED it! I really like that it has an option to keep them on a safer chat mode! And they got a great surprise today with a fireworks show in the game!
    Anonymous

• Anon- My kid went to the firework show at Webosaurs yesterday too. I think the site is so great. I saw three moderators in the world while we were there. So fun and I feel so confident with my precious one in there.
    TheBearsMom

Answer by TheBearsMom at 10:43 AM on Jul. 5, 2009