How many people voted for Barack Obama...

...just because he is black?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Just trying to get drama started.
    Anonymous

• I bet alot of people!
    Anonymous

• I really wonder if it was that many that voted just because he was black! I am sure it played a factor in the entire package he offered. Honestly, for those who liked clinton and Obama about the same, why not put your vote in for the 1st African American president. That is pretty exciting! (And I did not vote for him or clinton-hated their positions on many things)!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Most, if not all, of the black people that I know did. I would ask them why they were voting for him (the ones that don't keep that kind of thing to themselves) and they said because he's a brotha.
    Anonymous

• i didnt cause that would be stupid. and most ppl i know who voted for Obama didnt do it for that reason either. but i dont deny that some ppl out there voted for that reason only...and they are dumb. plus, i seriously doubt anyone would ever admit thats why they voted for Obama.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:38 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Same here anon 9:37!...I didn't vote so I can't complain :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm glad we have a black president and I would have taken a woman too. What I'm not glad about is his lack of experience and I think he made a lot of promises like every candidate, and will never be able to make good on them. Glad I didn't believe the platform.
    Anonymous

• Probably about as many as didn't vote for him because he's black.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• So anon 7:41, if Sarah Palin was running for president, would you vote for her even though she is a moron?
    Anonymous

• How many people knew there was a black woman running?
    Anonymous