Why are people taking the fun out of everything?

People are so negative these days. How many people on this site have complained about fire works? There's someone even suing to stop the fireworks that happen ONCE a year. Yeah, neighbors shoot them off and it's annoying but they're having fun! Most kids love to watch fireworks. Instead of sitting inside complaining, why don't you go outside and join them?

The Fourth of July isn't the only holiday being ruined. Now kids can't dress up at school for Halloween b/c people ruined that recently. Cities can't put up Christmas displays without hearing flack. What happened to letting kids be kids? You probably participated in the 4th when you were little, christmas, and halloween. Why ruin it for everyone else with your constant complaining? Some people just need to live in a cave. Agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you completely. it's pretty sad that so many people think that their way of thinking should be EVERYONE'S way of thinking, and therefore ruin it for everyone else. It's not fair to our generation of children who have to suffer because of the parents of our current generation. Things were so much better when I was little than they are now. All I can do is try to ignore people like that and make my childs future as fun and possible. I think it all comes down to people being really spoiled in this country too. Everyone has to have their way. Ughh..
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Agree. As long as it isn't a cave lit with Christmas tree lights, lol!!!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:45 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Well I'm not wanting to sue anyone, but it gets SO annoying when it's not the 4th of July and people just shoot them off for hours. I have a 1 year old, and they keep waking her up. I also can't go to sleep. It's not fair. I understand people like to have fun and fireworks are pretty, but lets just keep it on the 4th and not the week before and after. I will be taking my daughter to see fireworks TOMORROW. At this very moment my next door neighbors are shooting off fireworks and this has been going on for going on 2 hours. I rather go to sleep right now. So yea it's fun and all but on the 4th of july.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Fireworks whether I am sleeping or not is beautiful on july 4.Because it represents my freedom.
    Those who do complain are ungrateful butt holes to the day that represents our country the most.
    It won't hurt no one to stay up late thanking GOD they are free.
    Anonymous