American are spoiled.

Don't you agree that most of Americans are really spoiled? Compared to the way Americans have had it in the past and the way citizens of less developed countries have it currently, we have it pretty easy. I'm not completely innocent, I'll admit that. But..I'm not guilty of it like some are either. What do YOU think?

StefanieN84

Asked by StefanieN84 at 10:47 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree- Americans are notoriously spoiled, often blind to their blessings, and also pretty often blind to the reality of and in much of the rest of the world- unfortunately we have developed a reputation for being spoiled and ignorant through much of the world, which is sad because American government and American citizens contribute greatly to causes and aid all over the world- while our administration is always guilty of one thing or another- we often do more good than any other given single nation and that becomes overshadowed by this reputation for being self centered and egotistical. Americans do sort of have that "the whole world revolves around us" thing going though, lol...
    Americans seem to have forgotten how to count blessings....
    athenax3

Answer by athenax3 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• proud to be an American... cause of those rights that i do have and the ability to do so
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• "proud to be an American... cause of those rights that i do have and the ability to do so "

I'm proud to be an American also...that's why I think we should be content with all that we have, and some people aren't. A lot of people don't realize how truly good we have it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yes, I feel they are spoiled, and quite ignorant to other cultures and countries.
    Not all of them are like that, but there is a big majority out there who take life for granted.
    You can have the rights and privliges, but try to think of how your attitude portrays to other people.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• When your country was founded on the work or slaves...yes you are spoiled.
    Anonymous

• Yup! and I have my moms stories to remind me of how hard it was. We definitely have it good.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave! Believe me, we appreciate all the hard work and sacrifices made for our freedom
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Yes we are spoiled in America. We have SOOO much that so many others could only DREAM of having. That is why so many other countries look up to us, and why so many of them hate us and envy us. Because we have so many things that they don't and because so many of us take advantage of those things. America is a great nation and we should all be very proud and thankful to live in such an amazing country. Anyone who has ever visited in another country or a third world nation will know, that there really is no place like home! God bless America and all of our spolied asses! :)
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i hate women that have nothing better to do then bitch about how we are spoiled and blah blah i work my ass off and can afford a 60k car a 300k home and all that stuff.... does that make me spoiled cause i went to school got a very good education make hell of a good income and along with husband? so does that make me spoiled that i worked hard to get where i am at and enjoying being able to splurge on the nice things and only buy the best? so does working hard to afford nice things make people spoiled??
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 11:34 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• 300K? That's IT? Mine was 585,000.
    Anonymous