Do you facebook groups? Do you debate on facebook?

Do you have a facebook profile? Have you checked out the groups?
How about those debate religious groups? all I have seen in them is hate...

My question is.... would you join or even recommend a group that preaches pure hate of any religion? I mean these groups are bad... and thank fully there are only a few members in them, but is this what we want the next generation to see?

Just curious... I have a facebook account and I have enjoyed it, but the groups are very questionable... any thoughts????

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 10:59 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• they have groups on facebook?
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:12 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have a facebook and my friends are all about it, but I don't use it that often. I would rather hang out with all you strangers, ha ha : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:14 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm with Cinnamon on both accounts.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:18 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I went on face book, and it wastotally boring. Idid not stay long enough to know who hated whom. No anon here.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 11:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh yes, CafeMom is my home away from home. I have met wonderful people here.
    PA-PAGrandma

Answer by PA-PAGrandma at 11:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I hated facebook when i first tried it out, and cancelled my account, then i tried it again after two friends and my brother kept telling me to rejoin. I love it now LOL I'm on that goofy farmtown with my sister and a few other farmtown addicts. LOL You should give it another try PA-PA Grandma. I was so use to the glitzy glamour of myspace and thought FB too "plain" but it's nice to be able to see what your friends are doing right on your homepage and I've become hooked on it to be honest LOL.

Anyway, sorry tangent thought. In answer to OP's question, I have yet to have time to join groups on there. I have a group but it's a "just for fun" group so we have light banter in the form of comments basically. I think most religion groups are chock-full of hatred because certain members don't know how to peacefully debate without getting condescending or just outright rude calling names and just being, well....mean.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My FB is for RL only - I don't add internet people or join groups like that. In my experience, religious "debate" groups are lopsided no matter where you go, even here. No matter how balanced the intentions may be when they are created, they always end up skewed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have to agree with all of you... I have had an account for a spell only bc of dh... why I don't know...LOL... but I love the farm thingys... but the groups are not for me... and as for friends.. I have many here and even the strangers or let's say incognito friends...lol... are far more fun here on CM than FB...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would not join a debate group again(was on one here but not anymore). Im not a debater and I refuse to listen to nothing but hate filled things. So no, I wouldnt join anything like that on any boards.

However, I am on Facebook so if you wanna look me up, message me LOL. :)

I am in some groups but only one religious group(as I recall its been a while since I looked at them).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Honestly, I have a Facebook, but I hate it... I never use it! EVER!! So, honestly I didn't know there were groups...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:41 PM on Jul. 3, 2009