Painful contractions at 37 weeks but not dilating... what can i do?

On wednesday I'll be 38 weeks which is what my ob considers term. I went into the hospital on thursday because I had painful contractions and they sent me home because I wasn't dialating any. This is my second pregnancy so yes I know what labor contractions are and they werent as bad but still bad enough where i couldn't move or talk. Well, I'm having them again tonight but I'm not going to labor and delivery again cuz I know they'll just send me home. Is there anything I can say to my ob that can get him to induce, he did with the first one but he acts like he doesn't want to now and I have a perfectly healthy pregnancy with this one and my first. What can I say or do to get him to induce. I can't take these anymore and I'm not dilating. I'm still 1 cm.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know what to tell you. I'm due in three days. I was dialating, now I'm 2 cm and have stopped dialating, stopped with the effacement. I have a feeling they are going to have to induce (my first pregnancy was rather similar, I didn't dialate anymore than 2 cm for a month, but my water finally broke) and they said they won't do it until 10 days after her due date.
    Good luck, I feel for you!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:03 PM on Jul. 3, 2009