why am i so dizzy

all i want to do is sleep, and when i am awake i am so dizzy. i feel like i am going to pass out. it has been going on for three days.. i know im tired becaus ethe doctor says my iron is low, and i have been up for two weeks tending to three kids. but why the dizzy spells?? is my baby ok??? i know you all are not doctors i just want opinions before i call my doctor sounding crazy lol thanks

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 11:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• iron will cause dizziness, so will dehydration.... so make sure your drinking a lot.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Your fine, babe. I've felt that way too. Due to hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen, you can get dizzy. It's helping to increase blood flow to your baby, but can cause your blood pressure to drop, which then causes the blood flow to your brain to drop...making you dizzy. It could also be due to low blood sugar. I've also read that during the second trimester, you can get dizzy because of the pressure the growing uterus puts on blood vessels.

As I always say, if you're really worried, call your doctor...but I think you're fine. :)

StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It could also be high blood pressure, as well as lack of sleep, low blood sugar, dehydration, etc... I suggest you call your doctor.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• thanks alot! i wanted to get others opinions before i called, so i wouldnt just sound like another paranoid pregnant woman lol!!! thats what my mother calls me!
    thanks alot!
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 11:40 PM on Jul. 3, 2009