belly button pain?

for the past week i have been getting a pain in my belly button.. it feels like the baby is yanking at in from the inside. could thi smean the cord could be to little, or wraped around the baby??? i know this sounds crazy, but i dont know what to think about this pain... please if you have any insight let me know..
and nothing mean or rude, i am going threw enough right now, there is no need to be mean to someone who is reaching out!
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it likely has nothing to do with your baby's cord. your belly button and your baby's cord are in no way related.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I had the same pain for a couple weeks and everything was and still is fine. Unfortunately it's just another pregnancy pain. I personally think its a mixture of stretching and the uterus pushing the belly button out.
    If in doubt, don't hesistate to call your doctor though. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:24 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I've had it too. Like PP said, your belly button and your baby's umbillical cord are in no way related. Maybe its just a pain from you belly button stretching and changing? I had a very small belly button to begin with and so mine really got stretched out alot. I only have 2 tiny stretch marks on my whole stomach and they are right on my belly button. Don't worry about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I had it also and my doctor told me that it could be a hernia but your baby's cord is hooked to the placenta which is normal hooked to the back side of your uterus. The pain was gone after a few weeks. How far along are you?
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:36 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i am 15 weeks.. sorry to sound so frantic, i have had alot of problems so i am just throwing "what could bes" out there.. i have no idea why i wrote about the cord and my belly button lol,, i was just in pain and not thinking clearly ..
    Anonymous