what are good shoes for baby's first walking shoes?

what about robeez?..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I heard robeez are great because they are gentle on the kids feet...I always put my girls in Nikes oe Kswiss...something with decent arch support and that were durable. My daughter's Nikes were my favorite, they had very flexible soles and they were made out of a neoprene type material...loved em! Check out the Nike Motion Sensory Peanut shoes...they are practical and precious!
    MansfieldMomma

Answer by MansfieldMomma at 11:11 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• You want something that is soft and very flexible...also something that doesn't slip off easily and something with gel or non stick bottoms. I've gotten great shoes at Babies R Us and also at Wal-mart. You want them to be able to feel the ground through the shoe...especially when they're first learning to walk.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• None so they can feel the ground beneith their feet. Then when they get the hang of it...something soft & comfy. Like sneakers
    jfblaine

Answer by jfblaine at 11:54 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• For indoors - no shoes.
    If you need to protect little feet from cold floors (unlikely this time of year) then soft shoes like Robeez or socks with grippy bottoms. Shoes like Robeez are also fine for short trips down the driveway, playing in the grass, and little trips to the park.

Once he's running down the sidewalk and trying to climb the ladders at the park, he'll need proper shoes. Those should be very flexible - if you can't easily bend the shoe with your hands, he won't be able to flex his little foot. Low top sneakers are ideal - but again, make sure the shoe bends easily.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• no shoes at home, when he's just started walking robeez or something similar is great. when he's good at walking they should still have a fairly soft sole, you should be able to bend the shoes easily.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Whenever I buy shoes I always bend the shoe, and see how flexible they are. You can actually find shoes that can be bend into fitting the palm of your hand, if you know what I mean, I don't know how to explain it. Oh, and make sure the shoe is not too heavy.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 12:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2009