breastfeeding and bumpin

okay i have a bump but it seems like its not workin by bring the milk out and i kno i have milk my boobs are leakin like crazy i was wonderin how or what tricks do i do to make the bump work

RIP.Caleb

Asked by RIP.Caleb at 11:21 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What kind of bump in your boobs "work"? I don't know what you're talking about.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:29 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Try pumping on 1 side while the baby is eating on the other. Then when you switch the baby to the other side, switch the pump also. Don't worry, there will still be plenty of milk. You never go empty & the baby will always be able to get out a lot more than you can with a pump.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 11:39 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I'm assuming you mean pumping. Like the above said, pump one side while nursing the other. Also use warm compresses while pumping. That's all you really can do. Pumps just aren't as effective as the natural motions of a nursing baby.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 11:53 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Some women do not respond well to pumps. I know that I was able to successfully, ebf my baby, but could never pump more then a few drops after the beginning. What kind of pump do you have? What are your pumping needs? ( full time job, just for an occasional feeding, part time job)? And what is your feeding and pumping schedule like?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2009