My 4yro was molested by his 10yro uncle what should we do?

My 4yro DS came up to me today and told me that his 10yro uncle made him "put his peepee in his mouth, and it tasted like water" I cried, DH is PISSSSED and called his mother, and talked to her about it. She said she was going to talk to her son, and DH and I have agreed that DS is NOT going back over to their house to spend the night, I explained good touch bad touch to him the best I could. He doesn't seem phased by any of it, he wanted to go play hide and seek after we were done talking about it, DH called his Stepmom who's a lawyer with CPS to get more info on what we should do, we're waiting on her to call us back. He's torn on whether or not to call the police, this happened last week we think, and DS just said something about it, is there anything else we should do? The kid that did this is 10, will the courts even do something to him if we file a report? Thanks in advance and please no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 PM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Id call the cops when I was told... If you wait they may not help you. Id do whatever it takes to get that kid busted. You guys sure have a lot of control cause id kill the kid
    Anonymous

• Hell yes i would call the police! 10 is old enough to kno better.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 11:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yes file a police report and yes they will do something about it. If they don't get him in therapy now then he might do this to many others by the time he's a teen. They also need to find out who did it to him. Children learn what they live. Sign your little boy up for counseling as well so he won't be too scarred from it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• OMG, how horrible! I don't care if the 10 year old is his uncle...I would call the cops and get his ass busted. At 10 years old he should have known better even if it was just a ploy to get a kid to drink his pee, that is just wrong. I hope that kid gets what is coming to him!
    Anonymous

• OP here: The strangest part of it all is that I warned DH that she might deny it and such, and she didn't, he said she wasn't surprised at all.... that's a bit scary to me.
    Anonymous

• call the police. this same thing happened to a kid i know .. yes the courts did do something.... but the parents ended up not wanting to press charges because it was a family member and he was so young... if they would have been strong and stood up for their son not only would they have gotten justice but my five year old neice wouldnt have been raped! word would have gotten out and people would have knowned not to let him around their children...
    yes it might be hard on the family, but look at it as you are standing up for your child and other children.. plus there could be an underlying factor. the 10 year old had to learn it somewhere. maybe things are being done to him and he is just repeating it.. if you do press charges you could be helping/ protecting not only your son but other children that are subject to this type of abuse also!
    good luck and i am very sorry for what happened.
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 12:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i think both the boys should receive counseling...the cousin, bc obviously he has learned this from somewhere. and your son, bc even he doesnt seem phased by it now, you surely dont want him to maybe act in that manner later. i am so sorry for your family and the situation. best of luck to you all. and i dont know if charges could be pressed against the cousin, but usually in this type of situation, there is an underlying cause. talk to the lawyer, see where she can guide you.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• im sorry, for some reason, i thought cousin, not uncle...but im sure you get my point...either way.
    brodysmama23

Answer by brodysmama23 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• YES, call the cops. This boy isn't going to go to jail, but he will get help. Someone has done thsi to him, and he needs help. I'm sorry you're going through this, and while I know you're pissed at the 10 year old, he's been abused, too. that DOESN'T excuse it, but he needs help.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 12:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• You need to file a report. I would suggest that you and your husband get some counceling. I can't imagin the pain that this has caused your family. I was molsested as a child, but it was for several years. I have delt with it and it does not overly impact my life. Family counceling may be a good idea. But I do think that you and your husband will need somtype of counceling or support. Just please remeber, this is not your fault. Dont carry around any guilt, that will not help anyone
    As for your brother in law, he needs help. file a report so that the state can step in and help him. If he did this to your son, chances are he has already done it to somone eles, and will do it again. And chances are, it was done to him. He needs help. He will do it again, and it will get worse. Filing a report may be his only chance.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2009