What are some good 4th of July Holiday Traditions?

I don't know what to do tomorrow but I want to strart some traditions. Do you have any good ideas? My kids are ages 3, 4, and 6

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in Holidays

• Maybe you can bake cookies or cakes and decorate them red, white, and blue..Designing your own patriotic shirts could be fun...Then you could wear them to a public firework display together :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 1:04 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• For my family the traditional 4th is a picnic, with potato salad, hot dogs, watermelon, berry shortcake and sparklers. You guys can make home made lemonade to take to the park to enjoy while watching the fireworks!!
    vivianasmom

Answer by vivianasmom at 1:32 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We have a birthday party for my son every year, he was born on the 4th of July 13 years ago.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• We always played water balloon volleyball, where you have two people hold a towel by the ends and volley the water balloons back and forth using the towels to toss them.  The kids and adults loved it.

Kim, from justamomha.com

justamomHA

Answer by justamomHA at 12:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• when i was younger we would go to my aunts house and have a cook out then we would go down to the beach and watch the fire works i think its important to let kids see fire works done the right way.
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 9:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2009