Am I horrible for this?

I've been taking care of a little boy for 3 months. His mom called me at 10:30 TONIGHT and tells me she's coming get him to throw him a party tomorrow for his birthday. She wants me, my husband and my daughter to go. (She's my daughter birthmom.)....I'm not going. I hate being around her she makes me sick. I hate pretending I like her. I just get the urge to slap her when I see her and I'm not a violent person!! Every word that comes out of this girls mouth is a big fat lie. She's on drugs and she's plain out gross!... I feel horrible that I don't want to go to this child's first Birthday! I'm not going I'm going to tell her I already had plans... DO you guys think I'm mean? I feel like it!

HannahLee87

Asked by HannahLee87 at 12:39 AM on Jul. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. The only invitation that manners dictate that you MUST accept is one to the White House, and I'm guessing this bitch isn't named Michelle.

I promise you that the kid's not keeping score of who showed to his birthday and who didn't. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:52 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Its not like you don't want to go for the child. It's her and her nasty self keeping you. I think in the end it would be better if you stayed comfortable and didn't go. There's no reason for you to be miserable the whole time.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• If she is on drugs, I would go just to be someone who is watching the child!

You're a big girl now, smile and be polite.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• I say get the kid something special and let him/her open it next time her comes over...thatll be special and as for her, if shes that irritating its best if u dont go
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• i don't know.i would want to go for the little boy, but if she drives you that nuts then i can understand.
    batsonsgirl

Answer by batsonsgirl at 12:46 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Ha! Ha! Avarah, that is pretty funny!
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 5:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• My daycare would always do something special for the child at her ouse during the time she watched the kids. It sure made the kids feel special. Why dont you do that? You can go get him a inexpensive little gift or two and have cupcakes and sing happy birthday to him at your house and make it like a little party there when you have him. I wouldnt go either.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 10:24 AM on Jul. 4, 2009